LIVE IMAGES OF MT.ASAHIDAKE
Image from the Summit station（Click to enlarge image）
Current Status of Mt.Asahidake
Current Weather Conditions at Sugatami Station (altitude 1,600m)
December 18, 2017 3:00 pm
Schedules of Ropeway Operation
From June 1 to October 20 : every 15 min. at :00, :15, :30, :45
From October 21, to November 10, From December 11, to May 31 : every 20 min. at : 20 min such as :00, :20, :40
About climbing the Daisetsuzan mountain range
While now it is the popular season to enjoy hiking in the Daisetsuzan Range,visitors are reminded to double check the mountain conditions before you leave to prevent accidents. It should be noted that the weather is unsteady and can change rapidly.Even if it is sunny when you start to climb the mountain, it is not unusual that the weather will suddenly change and the vision can become blurry. During hiking or climbing, if you think that "I do not know the route" or "I got lost" please call the police for help immediately as it is the sign of mountain distress. Please call 110 to report an accident to the police call center for rescue. Careful planning and adequate equipment for winter mountain climbing is required in order to prevent accidents. Always check the local weather and avalanche forecasts before you climb.
SCHEDULE & PRICE
Fares (incl. consumption tax)
|Fares for individuals||Peak Season (June 1 – Oct 20)||Regular season (Oct 21 – May 31)|
|Junior High School students and older||Peak Season (June 1 – Oct 20)||2,900 yen||1,800 yen||Regular season (Oct 21 – May 31)||1,800 yen||1,200 yen|
|Elementary students||Peak Season (June 1 – Oct 20)||1,450 yen||900 yen||Regular season (Oct 21 – May 31)||900 yen||600 yen|
|Fares for groups||Peak Season (June 1 – Oct 20)||Regular season (Oct 21 – May 31)|
|Junior High School students and older (General)||Peak Season (June 1 – Oct 20)||2,600 yen||1,600 yen||Regular season (Oct 21 – May 31)||1,600 yen||1,100 yen|
|Elementary students (General)||Peak Season (June 1 – Oct 20)||1,300 yen||800 yen||Regular season (Oct 21 – May 31)||800 yen||550 yen|
|Special Fares for Disabled People
(a disability certificate must be shown)
|Peak Season (June 1 – Oct 20)||Regular season (Oct 21 – May 31)|
|Junior High School students and older||Peak Season (June 1 – Oct 20)||1,450 yen||900 yen||Regular season (Oct 21 – May 31)||900 yen||600 yen|
|Elementary students||Peak Season (June 1 – Oct 20)||730 yen||450 yen||Regular season (Oct 21 – May 31)||450 yen||300 yen|
- ※Payment by credit card is not accepted.
- ※Children under elementary school age (infants and toddlers) are free of charge. (Limited to one child per adult.)
- ※Guides for individuals or groups will be charged as adults
- ※In order to prevent mountain accidents, purchase of upward-bound one-way ticket (From Base station to Sugatami station) are not available after 4pm from June to August and after 3pm from the end of August to October. (The dates and times are subject to change.)
- Assistants to disabled people are eligible for the special fares for disabled people (one assistant per disabled person) if the disabled person’s certificate specifies that nurse care is required.
- ※An extra charge may be added for taking bigger size belongings onto the tram car. In some cases, taking the belongings in the tram car may be refused.
- ※Drivers for sightseeing taxi may ride free of charge if advance notice is provided. Those who do not provide advance notice will be charged.
- ※For more information, please feel free to contact us at 0166-68-9111.
Mt.Asahidake Ropeway Timetable
SHOP & RESTAURANT
[July – October]
In July, snow is still melting since June along with alpine plants are scattered everywhere and this scene gives us the realization that spring has finally come to Daisetsuzan. This time of the season is very special because the spring landscape transforms into a summer landscape all at once. Naturally, this transition can only be enjoyed for a limited time. The walking course shows the beauty of Daisetsuzan’s full-length. The Ainu people called the mountaintop of Daisetsuzan KAMUIMINTARA, which means the garden where Gods play. It takes approximately 1 hour to walk all the way around Sugatami Pond. We hope that you will enjoy this special walking trail.
|Time required / distance||
Approximately 1 hour around the pond※ / approximately 1.7km (1mile)
The time taken to walk the course can vary greatly depending on weather conditions and personal fitness. Please note the time above is only for reference.
Mountain shoes or shoes with thick soles, waterproof outfits or long- sleeved jacket, etc.
※Boot rentals are available at Summit station. For more information, please feel free to ask the staff.